Friday, January 28, 2011

One bird, Four Drawings

One day I was looking for a picture of a blue bird to make a drawing for The Creative Color Challenge. I found a cute little bird and I painted this:

The Blue bird

A couple of days ago I was looking into my files and I found the picture of the cute little bird and I decide to draw the bird again but this time I had other idea in mind. I wanted to draw the bird but he supposed to be talking about the things he sees every day, like flowers and trees… And I made this drawing

random-talking-original


After the black and white version of this little bird talking totally random things, I scanned the original piece (I made it in watercolor paper with ink) and added some color in Illustrator

Random Talking

And after I finished coloring the piece, I thought will be funny having a bird asking you to please talk to him, and I create this print
BTW, Urban Outfitters has selected this Print "Talk to Me" to be included in the Print Shop on printshop.urbanoutfitters.com! Check it here ;)

Talk to me print

And why I really thought a bird talking will be funny? Because I imagined a t-shirt like this one and in my mind, it’s funny ;)

Talk to me T-shirt

And now that little picture I found in August have 4 different interpretations ;)
Happy weekend!

10 comments:

Tami Cohen said...

wow that is wonderful! congratulations :)

We Blog Artists said...

so beautiful...love the T-shirt!
hugs
Char.x

Giggles said...

You're always a wonderful inspiration. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process!

rachel awes said...

oh yes!
i want to
talk to you!
your bird is beautiful!
& gorgeous on a tee
& to a teeee!!
xox

CREATEaTHOUGHT said...

Wow those all look great, and the tshirt rocks!

Faith said...

I love everything about this post. That the little picture can have four different interpretations is so poetic. I looooove the one where the bird is talking about what he sees all day! Such a great idea, and very beautiful. xo

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover said...

Your artwork is so stunning and beautiful! Thank you for drawing and sharing your beauty with the world. I liked this story about the "talk to me" bird. : )

Pepe said...

Fantastic! You could sell them to twitter.

Mandy Saile said...

AAAAHHHH LOVE LOVE LOVE this one....and Congrats too, wow.

Brianna said...

Hey! I've been following your blog for awhile, beautiful work! I had a small question for you: after you import into illustrator, do you use live trace? I'm struggling big time with it and I wonder if there's a better way. The detail you get is incredible!