Monday, January 23, 2012

painting, painting, painting... and watching football

That is what I did the whole weekend. I spent a lot of time painting... and watching football. BTW, Go Giants! Yeahhh I like football and one of my favorites team is Giants, just because I really like the quarterback :P

In 5 weeks I will be participating in the South Miami Rotary Art Festival and hopefully, at the Carnaval on the Mile. That means, during the next 5 weeks I'll be painting non stop ;) Love that!

The painting party start last Friday.
I make a little pile with all the blank canvases I had in my closet and start thinking: what I'm going to paint now?

canvases

I decided to don't over think any thing and just take a few of the little canvases (6x6) and star painting.
I draw some images with pencil and had fun with the paints!

painting

Now these canvases are color ready and it's time to start adding the ink. I'm planning to finish these 5 canvases by the end of the week. Sounds crazy. right? Well... wish me luck!

paintings_ready

Ok... and what I'm going to paint in the other 17 canvases?
I need some fresh ideas ;)

Happy week!

2 comments:

Claire Caudwell said...

Hi Valentina :)

I really really really love your work and blog and you are a big inspiration to me!

Maybe you could paint/draw houses, trees, birds, food for kitchen paintings??

Good luck (not that you need it!) with the events you are going too. I think that they will be amazing!

~Claire~

Virginia N.K. said...

Great stuff! How about a peacock?